Finding a therapist can be difficult but it is worth the effort. Please give yourself credit for getting this far.
A good relationship with your therapist is the biggest indicator of a successful therapy experience. With me, you can expect a non-judgmental, compassionate environment and an individualized approach to your unique needs. You will find my style is interactive and goal-directed as well as reflective and insight-oriented. I draw from a wide range of treatment approaches, modalities and
techniques and I am fully trained in
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and
Some ways I can help you:
- Overcome trauma and abuse
- Recover from depression
- Reduce anxiety and anxious thoughts
- Resolve grief and loss
- Build skills to manage emotions
- Learn more effective ways to deal with stress
- Improve relationship skills
- Change dysfunctional patterns of behavior
- Adjust to life transitions and changes
- Achieve goals using short or longer term therapy
My focus is typically two-fold: address both the “here and now” issues and the deeper issues. The "here and now" issues are the things that impact your daily life. The deeper issues or "stuck" places are those things from your past which contribute to destructive patterns and prevent you from living the life you want.
Please call me for a free 15 minute phone consultation, to arrange an appointment or to ask any questions.